| Funeral Directors
||With over fifty years experience we can arrange
every aspect of your loved one’s funeral:
• Preparation & presentation of the deceased.
• A wide choice of coffins.
• Funeral vehicles of the highest standard.
• Organising the purchase & opening of the grave.
• Grave marker with breastplate.
• Book of Condolence
• Obituary Notices in newspapers or on radio.
• Floral tributes.
• Music & singing for the funeral.
• Refreshments afterwards can be organized by ourselves or the family.
• Acknowledgements (an official thank you to all who participated in or attended the funeral, usually placed within weeks of the funeral)
||The preservation & presentation of the deceased are of paramount importance & we have both the qualifications & the purpose built facilities to ensure the best of care for your loved ones.
Should you opt for cremation we provide all the necessary services;
• Make all the appropriate arrangements as with any funeral.
• Provide & witness all the relevant documentation from the crematorium to be completed by the executor or next of kin.
• Organise doctors certificates or coroners certificates where appropriate.
• Following the cremation we arrange for the ashes to be returned to the family for scattering or have them laid in a Columbarium Wall, Garden of Remembrance or existing grave.
It can happen that a loved one can pass away while living abroad or simply traveling. Through a wide network of undertaking firms throughout the world, we can ensure that your loved one will be brought back to you so the funeral can take place at home.
John Sweeney & Sons can also organise for your loved one be repatriated from Ireland to their home country by offering the following services;
• Consultation with the family to confirm their instructions.
• Removal of the deceased from the place of death into our care.
• Preparation & preservation of the deceased to make them ready for travel overseas.
• Supply of the appropriate coffin for transport.
• Organisation of all official documentation; death certificates, embalming certificates, etc as well as liaising with the relevant hospitals, coroners, embassies, airlines & undertaking firms abroad.
• Transferring the deceased to the relevant airport.
| Funeral Home
We offer a spacious funeral home with tea-room facilities.
We can advise on or arrange for the erection of memorials or have inscriptions added to existing ones. We provide a wooden cross with breastplate to mark each new grave until such time as a more permanent memorial is erected.
||There can be a lot of paperwork (death certificates, bereavement grants, etc.) following the death of a loved one so we are on hand to help, advise & assist you in any way we can.